In order to achieve lasting change for project participants, CARE intends to address the underlying causes of poverty, not simply symptoms of poverty. CARE therefore intervenes in three critical areas:
- Human Conditions: ensuring that women and girls have equitable access to and control of productive assets, basic services, opportunities and benefits.
- Social Positions: ensuring that socio-cultural practices and processes promote women and girls? well-being and equality.
- Responsive Institutions: ensuring that institutions at local and national level, have policies and practices in place that enhance equitable development and resilience of women and girls.
Theory of Change
CIK has developed a theory of change that articulates an overarching impact goal and three areas of change required to improve the situation of women and girls in the country. We envision that by 2030, women and girls in Kenya will be self-reliant, have a sustainable, high quality of life and fully realize their rights when;
- They have equitable access to and control over productive assets, services, opportunities and benefits,
- Institutions at local and national level, have policies and practices in place that enhance equitable development and resilience of women and girls, and
- Socio-cultural practices and processes promote women and girls’ well-being and equality.
CIK is cognisant of the need to work with our partners on each of these areas in order to make a sustainable impact on poverty for our impact group. In order to do this, we must change our project focused approach to one where we address each area, and this requires multi-sectoral programmes, which have a longer implementation period and ensure sustainability through enhanced partnership, advocacy and policy change, and increased accountability. This is an ambitious and complex vision and we will need to continue working within the confines of project based funding, but we will seek to shift our programming towards the larger, longer-term vision we have.
For more detail on our programmatic focus and Long Range Strategic Plan, CLICK HERE
For more detail on our Theory of Change, CLICK HERE